Sunday, November 1, 2015

Dividend Income & dividend raises - October 2015

Dividend income
October was not a very exciting month, in terms of dividend income.
2 of the 16 companies I am currently invested in, paid me their dividends.

KO - $13.86
GE - $9.20
Total October (gross): $23.06
Total dividends received in 2015: $287.65 (net)

My 2015 goal for dividends is to receive a net total of $300 of them.
With only $13 to go, I think it it safe to say I will be reaching this goal.
That makes me a happy person, especially if you compare this to what my local bank would have paid me.



If we compare this months result to last years, we were able to create a small increase.

October 2014: $22.08
October 2015: $23.06

This is a 4.44% increase.
It's not amazing, but with the power of compounding behind me, I'm still happy with this result!

Dividend increases
While it was a calm month on the dividend income, we cannot say this about dividend raises.

On October 14th, OHI increased their dividend from $0.55 to $0.56.
This is a 1.8% increase. Due to this change, my YOC is now at a very nice 6.31%.

On October 21st, KMI increased their dividend from $0.49 to $0.51.
This is a 4.1% increase. Due to this change, my YOC is now at a nice 5.86%.

On October 27th, AFL increased their dividend from $0.39 to $0.41.
This is a 5.1% increase. Due to this change, my YOC is now at 2.6%.

How was your October?

Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

  1. Great to see that so many of your holdings increase their dividend payout isn't it? Slow and steady wins the game, keep adding fresh capital and keep investing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tawcan,

      That's pretty cool indeed! The increases are even pretty substantial. I did not receive those raises at my office job recently..

      Thanks for your comment!
      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  2. Hi DfS,

    Great to see increasing dividend, the absolute amount is secondary. One brick at a time and you will be right there in no time. Continue your hard work!!!

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey David,

      Thanks for stopping by.
      Interesting to see more English speaking dividend investors from Asia.

      You are right. Hope to see more increases!

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  3. Maybe not too much going on in October but at least money rolled in your way and a small year over year increase is still an increase. You will never go backwards at this rate :) Happy to own GE and KO with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DivHut,

      KO is one of my favorite stocks. Ordering KO at MCD makes me smile (despite the fact it's very unhealthy..) even more, because I own both of them!

      You are so right. I love this a lot more than the stressful buy low and sell high strategy!

      Have a nice day, DfS

      Delete
  4. Keep it up DFS. Definitely just keep at it and stay consistent and persistent. Worry about yourself and just take it slow and steady. With time, you'll crush all your goals. Easy Peasy. Thanks for sharing and glad to be following your journey. Hope to see many more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DH,

      Thanks for your support!
      It looks like the 2015 goal will be 'crushed' by a 30% surplus of dividend income, so you are right so far..

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete